Monday, November 15, 2010

Vered Nissim

Catalog # 24
Vered Nissim
Untitled, (from the series Desert Within a Town) 2010
Edition 1/4
21x23 cm
Mixed media

About the artwork:
Based on frames from a the movie I created titled "A Desert within a City"
The movie tells the story of parents who keep carrying their children in their lives beyond their capacity, struggling in the life of a blue-collar-class, never knowing what the future holds.
The desert within the city – the wide open space becomes the home space, where the past, the present and the future, the wishes, desires, competing and parental devotion are being discussed.
The triangle structure of the triad discovers a circle of life at its inception.
About the artist:
Midrasha Art School graduate 0f 2006. My work explores my identity, gender and social status through the private setting of my home, family and private life. The materials I use draw from my personal biography, which I combine with motifs from fairytales and fantasy. The contrast between the two demonstrates how fairytales are manifested in my own life, as a micro reflecting the macro. The works relate to both extremes of the individual on the one hand and the general on the other, and raise questions about the correlation between culture and its norms to one's individual life, between art's aesthetic distance and the reality which it represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment